Full day tour from Warsaw to Torun
I invite You to take a one-day tour from Warsaw to Torun, one of Poland’s best-kept secrets. Torun is famous for its red bricks architecture, gingerbread, and a historical hero local astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus – in the Polish language Mikołaj Kopernik. Toruń was founded by the Teutonic Knights Order in 1233. Access to the Vistula contributed to the development of a prospering river port in the city.
In 1280, the Torun joined the mercantile Hanseatic League and thus became an important medieval trade center.
Contrary to Warsaw, Gdansk, and some other Polish cities, Torun suffered no damage during World War II, so it has retained its authentic character.
- Pick up from your hotel in Warsaw & drive to Torun app. 2,5 hours up to 3 hours
- Visit The Living Museum of Gingerbreads in Torun where You will make your gingerbread (must be booked in advance) entrance fee – is 36 PLN per person
- After our hands-on gingerbread-making demonstration, You will explore Torun’s Old Town with me.
- Old Town Market Square including Town Hall building, SS. John the Baptist Cathedral Arthus Court building, St. Mary Church
- Nicolaus Copernicus House – where You will learn about the famous astronomer’s life by exploring the permanent exhibition – Nicolaus Copernicus – “Life and Work “ entrance fee is 22,50 PLN regular ticket
- You will learn why the is the Leaning Tower of Torun leaning
After the Torun tour, You will have lunch at the milk bar Pod Arkadami which is a great place for those who want an inexpensive meal. Apart from traditional breakfast or lunch dishes, it serves delicious (and cheap) toasted sandwiches and delicious waffles.
ACTIVITY LEVEL: MODERATE
Duration 10-12 hours
transport by car air-conditioned minivan
- 1-2 PAX 400 Euro per tour excluding entrance fees above
- 3-4 PAX 450 Euro per tour excluding entrance fees above
- 5-6 PAX 500 Euro per tour excluding entrance fees above
- 6-7 PAX 550 Euro per tour excluding entrance fees above
(VAN for 1-7 passengers) – Driving & Walking Tour
IF YOUR GROUP IS BIGGER THAN SEVEN PLEASE ASK FOR THE PRICE