One day tour from Warsaw to Stutthof concentration camp
Stutthof Camp was the first concentration camp operated outside German territory .
Established 2nd September 1939, 22 miles east of Danzig (Gdansk) as a civilian prison camp to exterminate educated Poles from the Free City of Danzig and the northern region of Pomerania.
In January 1942 Stutthof Camp’s status changed to that of a concentration camp. During the 2077 days of existence of the Concentration Camp in Stutthof, prisoners from 28 countries were held there. Altogether, some 110,000 prisoners passed through Stutthof Camp 65,000 of them perished, while another 22,000 were transferred to other concentration camps.
The camp was liberated by the Soviet Army on the 9th of May 1945.
During the visit to Stutthof Camp, you will explore:
- wooden prison barracks
- former command post building
- a gas chamber and some incinerators
At Stutthof Museum You will be able to watch one or more of the following movies:
- „Ambulance” – 16 minutes
- „Konzentrationslager Stutthof bei Danzig” – 30 minutes
- „Albert Forster” – 25 minutes
- „Stutthof some days later” – 19 minutes
- Meeting point: I will pick you up at your hotel in Warsaw
- Drive from Warsaw will take approximately 4 hours one way
- the museum charges 5 Polish zloty per person for watching the movies
- it is not advisable for children under 14 years
- The museum is open for visitors from 8 am. to 3 pm.
- The last entrance is available at 2.30 pm.
- The last admission to the Museum is possible at 2:30 pm.
- The Visitor Service Office serves visitors from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Screenings in the museum’s documentary cinema take place between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm, they are shown every half an hour.
- The last screening starts at 2:00 PM.
- Since November 16 the restroom in the car park is closed. Please use the toilets on the museum grounds (behind barrack 8A).
IT IS POSSIBLE TO ARRANGE TWO HOURS GDANSK TOUR ON THE WAY BACK TO WARSAW
YOU MAY COMBINE THIS TOUR WITH THE FOLLOWING OF MY TOURS:
- Polin Museum Tour
- Treblinka Extermination Camp Tour
- Auschwitz Birkenau Tour
- Tykocin Tour and Bialystok
- Jewish Lodz Tour
- Jewish Warsaw Tour
Duration 10-12 hours. Total amount: 500 Euro per tour
(VAN for 1-7 passengers) – Driving & Walking Tour
Hubert Jan Pawlik